It is important every member of your team is properly kitted out for the Apex Challenge. Having the right gear is just as important as having the right skills to cope with tricky navigation during the day and the night. Random kit checks may take place during the weekend.
- Camping accommodation including a tent, sleeping bags and mats.
- Survival bag – orange plastic type is suitable
- First aid kit
- Water – we recommend each team brings four litres of drinking water
Personal equipment for Saturday
- Strong footwear – walking boots for tough terrain (normal trainers are not suitable.)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Packed lunch and extra snacks if required
- Plenty to drink
- Reusable mug (we are working to reduce single use items on site.)
- Warm clothes – it is likely to be cold and windy so as well as fleeces and jackets a hat and gloves should be carried.
- Torch with spare batteries – a head torch is best.
- Mobile phone in case we need to contact you in an emergency
Personal equipment for Sunday
The Apex Adventure Race takes place on Sunday which is a linear route with obstacles which you can choose to run, jog or walk around. The idea is to travel fast and light around the course but you are likely to get wet.
- Running shoes – ideally something with some grip for running off road
- Shorts/T-shirt – it is up to you what you wear for this stage of the event but you may prefer shorts if it is not too cold.
You will also need for the weekend
- Several changes of clothes as you can expect to get pretty muddy and wet during the weekend’s adventures.
- Wash kit and towel
- Charging cable for your phone
- Money (We will have some spare T-shirts and other items for sale including drinks and sweets.)
- Hand sanitiser
We will supply all maps along with any specialist equipment you might need for any of the weekend’s activities.
20 years of creating unforgettable weekends of Scouting adventures.
Apex Challenge is a registered charity number 1102633 and operates under the rules and guidelines of the Scout Association.