The muddy gear has been washed, the kit packed away and looking back at the 2018 Apex Challenge at Bramham Park it was, quite simply, the best event we have ever staged. Not even a bit of rain and overnight frost could take the shine off three fantastic days of adventure which saw almost 100 teams compete for the honour being named this year’s Apex winners.
We have taken Apex to Bramham Park before, but this was the first time we had staged a full weekend event there and the location certainly did not disappoint. The prestigious estate gave us an impressive backdrop to fill with some of our most memorable activities. Teams went canoeing, mountain biking and axe-throwing and who knew that building lego houses and transporting team-members around an obstacle course while blindfolded with only a survival bag to help could be so challenging?
Add to that a fantastic performance from The Epics at our Saturday Night Live party night, complete with neon glow paint and a superb Adventure Race course on Sunday morning, this was an event that truly did have everything and you can re-live the action now online…
- Event report – find out more about which bits you may have missed
- Full results – how did your team’s route compare to others?
- Results by gender – a new leaderboard ranking which all-female, mixed and all-male teams scored highest
- Adventure race timings – which teams completed Sunday’s 4K route the fastest?
- Facts and figures – look at which activities and control points got the most visitors.
- Photo album – literally hundreds of pictures capturing the weekend’s highlights
- Team simulation – see if you can work out which dot represents your team’s route