How to enter
The Apex Challenge returns this autumn. Here are the details of when and how you can enter our next event. Make sure you have the dates noted:
- Friday 1 July - Saturday 9 July: Pre-registration open
- Sunday 10 July, 8pm: Entries open
- Thursday 29 September, 8pm: Entries close
From 8pm on Friday 1 July until 8pm on Saturday 9 July the online entry form will go live for teams to enter their details, BUT NOT PAY for their entry. An unlimited number of teams will be able to pre-register their details during this time. Pre-registering puts you at the front of the queue when entries open and makes it quicker for you to enter your details.
At 8pm on Sunday 10 July teams will be able to log in and pay for their places including any T-shirts they have ordered. Places will be allocated first-come, first-served as teams pay for their places. For the first 48 hours entries are only open to teams who pre-registered. Entries then open to all new teams from 8pm on Tuesday 12 July.
If you want to pre-order this year's exclusive Apex Challenge T-shirts, you must place your order before entries close.
At 8pm on Thursday 29 September entries will close, even if all places in the event have not been sold. This is necessary to give the Apex team time to prepare everything for the event. Obviously, we understand that some teams may need to withdraw after this date, but it will not be possible to accept replacement teams so close to the event. After entries close it will still be possible to edit your team member details but no team names can be changed after this date.
The entry form
During pre-registration the entry form will ask for the following details. Please complete it as fully as possible, but it will be possible to log in and change details later:
- A team name (Make sure you make up a good one!)
- The name of your unit (This is usually the name of your Explorers or Scout Network group.)
- The web address of your unit website so we can put a link to it on our site.
- Your county.
- Which competition you are entering, either Explorers or Network.
- The names, email addresses and mobile numbers of all four team members.
- Details of how many exclusive Apex Challenge T-shirts you would like to order. (£8 each). They come in sizes S, M, L and XL.
- The name and contact details of a responsible adult (over 18, and usually a Scout leader) who will be responsible for the team during the event and whether they will be attending the weekend or sending the team with an event passport but giving us 24 hour contact details instead.
You will need to think of a password you can use to keep your details up-to-date if anything changes before the event. You will also be asked to read and agree to the 'Life at Apex' statement which sets out what behaviour is expected from teams during the weekend.
Confirming your entry
When our payment system goes live at 8pm on Sunday 10 July the process will be very simple:
- You will click on your team's entry on our team list page. A button will invite you to 'Pay for our team'. This will take you to a secure online payment page operated by PayPal. You will need to pay your entry fee of £150 plus £8 for each T-shirt ordered. Payment is accepted by either PayPal account or credit or debit card.
- Once you have entered your card details you will get a receipt from PayPal and confirmation that you have paid will be sent to us. When we receive that confirmation your team details will move into the 'Confirmed' section of our team list page. Occasionally there is short delay in PayPal sending us your confirmation. If this is the case your details will appear in the 'payments pending' section of the team list.
Once all the available places in our event have been paid for the online system will not allow any other teams to pay for their places, even if this is before the entries closing date Any remaining teams who pre-registered will form a waiting list who will be invited to take up any places that become available before the entries closing date if other teams withdraw.
If further places become available and no teams on the waiting list can take them, the online entry form will automatically reopen for new teams to register.
It would be great to offer places in the event to an unlimited number of teams but that simply isn't possible. Although we appreciate that paying for your place can be a little rushed and stressful for teams trying to get a place, it is the fairest way of giving everyone the same chance of registering to take part. Good luck!
Read more from this section
All the information you need about an amazing weekend of adventure.
Enter your team
Sign up now to get your team's place in our next event.
See details of all the teams registered for our next event.
How to enter
Find out how you can sign up your team to take part in the event.
Your entry fee
Your entry fee goes a long way - take a look how it's spent.
Make sure you order your exclusive T-shirts when you register.
Every team member needs to bring a complete and signed consent form.
Make sure you know the way to the Eastern Moors Estate before setting off.
Check what you need to bring for the weekend's activities.
Life at Apex
All the details of what is expected of you at an Apex weekend.
Frequently asked questions
Look here for answers to your Apex Challenge questions.